Use this guide on how to setup twitter.
A Twitter account is your passport to what’s happening in the world and what people are talking about right now. By signing up for an account, you’re among the first to know about breaking news and what’s popular––from the funny to the uplifting to the surprising. If a topic is worth talking about, you’ll find it on Twitter.
Some things to note:
- We’ll guide you through our sign up experience –– prompting you to enter information like your name and email address.
- If you sign up with an email address, it won’t be publicly visible, but we’ll have you verify it through a confirmation email we’ll send you. And an email address can only be associated with one Twitter account at a time.
- If you sign up with a phone number, we’ll have you verify it through an SMS text message with a code. (You can also request a voice call to verify your phone number.)
Tips for picking a username
- Your username, also known as a “handle”, is the name your followers use when sending replies, mentions, and Direct Messages.
- It will also form the URL of your Twitter profile page. We’ll provide a few available suggestions when you sign up, but feel free to choose your own. You can change your username in your account settings at any time, as long as the new username is not already taken.
- Usernames must be fewer than 15 characters in length and cannot contain “admin” or “Twitter”, in order to avoid brand confusion.
How to sign up for a Twitter account
Note: If you run into trouble signing up and are using an older version of Internet Explorer (IE9 or earlier), you may be redirected to mobile.twitter.com to complete the sign-up. Learn more about using twitter.com on supported browsers.
How to give access to Twitter
This can’t be done via Twitter, you will need to do this via Tweetdeck.
How to use TweetDeck
TweetDeck offers a more convenient Twitter experience by letting you view multiple timelines in one easy interface. It includes a host of advanced features to help get the most of Twitter: Manage multiple Twitter accounts, schedule Tweets for posting in the future, build Tweet collections, and more.
How to start using TweetDeck
- Go to http://tweetdeck.twitter.com, or open the desktop app for Mac.
- Log in with your Twitter account. We recommend that you use a Twitter account that is not shared with other individuals.
- Once you’re logged in, you can connect multiple Twitter accounts to your TweetDeck account.
Note: If you are using an old version of our desktop app for Mac (older than Mac: 3.5.0), you will not be able to sign in with a Twitter account or create a new account until you upgrade to the latest version.
Sharing access to an account
To set up your team:
- Log in to TweetDeck with the account you wish to share access to.
- Click Your account in the navigation bar.
- Select the account you’d like to share access to and click the Manage team button.
- Type the name or @username of the person you’d like to invite in the Add a team member field.
- Click Authorize. Once you have authorized someone, they’ll receive an email, an invitation in the Accounts panel of their TweetDeck, and a push notification.
- The new team member will need to accept the invitation to begin using the shared account.
Contact Us if you need help.